A compilation of a podcast series Brian and I did for the Minnesota Fringe Festival, this episode looks at why we tell stories and how they can be elevated in a live performance. You can listen to the original series, The Minnesota FringeCast, at MinnesotaFringe.org/FringeCast.
You can’t win if you don’t enter.
The Minnesota Fringe Festival is a performing arts festival in Minneapolis and Saint Paul where you can see a crazy number of shows over eleven days in August. As an artist putting up a show, you’ll get to do your show five times with the support of Fringe staff, professional technicians and volunteers. For a chance to get spot in the 2019 Minnesota Fringe Festival, you’ll need to submit your application by February 14. If your number gets drawn on February 25, you’re in the festival! You can find more information on the Fringe website.
We would love to see you there.
Can I tempt you with a gift?
Honestly, I almost said “free gift”, but if it’s not free… well. It is certainly a modest gift, but a nice one. You can pick it up on Valentine’s Day at the Urban Forage Winery & Cider House at 3016 East Lake Street in Minneapolis.
How do you start a craft beverage business?
How to start a craft beverage business will be the subject of a future episode of QuOTeD. It will be based on a panel discussion that I will be moderating at the Urban Forage Winery & Cider House on February 20.
In the original FringeCast we talked to over 120 people and discovered different theater companies, businesses and blogs along the way. We were so grateful for the insights everyone shared. Here are some highlights:
- Adrian Lopez-Balbontin, The Band Group
- Amy Rummenie and John Heimbuch , Walking Shadow Theater Company
- Ben Thietje, DalekoArts
- Christi Smith and Jane Laskey , On the Verge Theater, Mankato (Facebook)
- Keith Hovis, Playwright and Composer
- Karim Muasher and Carrie Brown, Animal Engine Theater Company
- Kirsten Stephens, Laughing Nomad Productions
- Kyle DeGoey and Travis Carpenter – Literally Entertainment
- Levi Weinhagen, Comedy Suitcase
- Matthew Saxe, Actor
- Max Wojtanowicz, Actor/Writer
- Mitchell Frazier, Fringe Technician
- Noah Sonie, Magician/Mentalisit
- Rick Ausland, Sparkle Theatricals (Facebook)
- Sam Landon, Writer
- Shannon Custer, Writer, Actor, Director
- Sulia Altenberg, Actor
- Tony Stoeri, Fringe Technician
- Tracy Yang, Fringe Artist, Dancer, Movement Therapist (Facebook)
- Victoria Pyan, Little Life Boats Theater Company
BlogGers, Journalists, Podcasters…
- Brian Wene
- Laura VanZandt, Blogger, One Girl, Two Cities
- Laura Kulm, Blogger, Twin Cities Stages
- Jill Schafer, Blogger, Cherry and Spoon
- Julie Jackson and Carol Jackson, Bloggers, Minnesota Theater Love
- Jay Gabler, City Pages
- Stu King, Character Crusade Unbound Podcast
- Gary Gilson, Formally of Channel 2
- Ryan Barland, Oral Historian, Minnesota Historical Society